Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sick and tired

from here
Moses, Hazel and I have been sick multiple times over the last few months, and I’ve HAD. ENOUGH. We should now be immune to approximately 18 strains of Sydney cold virus, as well as 1 from Adelaide (unless Moses carried the Sydney bug down to Adelaide and then got sick there, in which case, SORRY ADELAIDE FRIENDS). I think it’s happening because early this year, when it was Alan catching everything, I may have said, “I’m never sick! Sickness is a luxury I can’t afford!” or something equally self-righteous. Turns out I’m actually rolling in sickness dollars, and I can afford a whole lotta germs. (Alan hasn’t had a full-on cold since then, I don’t think.) So Mo, Hazel and I have been keeping Kleenex in business all by ourselves. Moses had his first cold when he was 10 months old; poor Hazel could practically blow her own nose by that age.

I currently have no voice, gunky eyes and two blocked ears, which means I whisper at people and they say, Pardon? and then they whisper back (its weird to talk at a normal volume when someone's whispering to you, Ive been told), and I say Pardon? My conversations last for hours at the moment.

///

For a long time, I was trying to make sure I was in bed by 9:30pm, but Id always be in bed at 10pm, and then, after feeling guilty about it for a while, I thought, Why bother trying so hard to be in bed earlier when 10pm is obviously the time I naturally make it to bed? So I changed my bedtime to 10pm and now I go to bed at 11pm.

I think Ill aim for 9:30pm again. I need the sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment